Members of the Kingston Police Major Crimes and Forensics Units remain on scene today at a downtown residence following the execution of a search warrant over the weekend.
On Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019 at approximately 5:40 p.m., the Kingston Police Drug Unit and the Kingston Police Emergency Response Team executed a search warrant at a Rideau Street address. One male was taken into custody as a result.
The Major Crime Unit returned to the address at approximately 8:30 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 9, 2019, and executed a second search warrant, this time in relation to firearms related offences. No one was injured during the offences.
As a result of the warrant executions, police seized a large amount of currency, a quantity of the Schedule 1 substance Fentanyl, and various firearms and prohibited weapons. The investigation remains ongoing.
The arrested party, a 51-year-old local man, was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance (Fentanyl) for trafficking
- Possession of a firearm other than a restricted firearm without holding a licence
- Five counts of possession of a firearm while prohibited
- Possession of weapon dangerous to public peace
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Two counts of breach of undertaking
- Three counts of breach of probation