The #ygkchallenge is an ongoing series where we dare you to be different, resolve to be better, and or do something awesome in support of our beloved community. Each week, Kingstonist establishes a new, ambitious or quirky goal, encouraging you to step out of your comfort zone and do something great, and hopefully a little out of the ordinary. By taking part in this community-wide initiative, we hope to make Kingston (and the world) a slightly better place to live, work and play.
This week’s #ygkchallenge encourages you to:
Stay Active During the Winter. With notable groundhogs not seeing their shadows, and less than frightful weather outside for a majority of what we’re currently calling winter, the conditions are ideal for getting a head start on your spring fitness goals. And, since February is heart-health month, racking up those Weekend Warrior challenges with Fit Bit friends (or whatever you’re into) contributes towards maintaining a sufficiently active lifestyle. With numerous options to get you and your family moving, here are a few ways get out of your dull winter rut, and make small steps towards a healthy and awesome spring routine!
- Go for a nice long walk along the waterfront or at Lemoine Point.
- Skate a few laps at Market Square before the ice melts.
- Get inspired at KFPL by borrowing a fitness-related DVD or game.
- Head indoors and sweat it out with a hot yoga session.
- Sign up and start training outside for an upcoming Spring fun run.
- Get a head start on spring cleaning with a brisk tidying session.
Join us in completing this week’s #ygkchallenge by liking it on Facebook and/or re-Tweeting it on Twitter. By liking and sharing, you’re not only committing to doing something great, but you’re also helping us spread the word and hopefully encouraging others to participate.
Photo credit to Predi.