A 62-year-old local man has been arrested and charged following an investigation by the Sexual Assault and Child Exploitation Unit of the Kingston Police
The investigation began on Tuesday, Jun. 5, 2018, according to Kingston Police. The accused male was investigated for incidents that occurred in the early 1990s. At the time, the accused was living with his common-law partner and her daughter, the victim of the alleged incidents.
The ensuing investigation determined the accused had inappropriately touched the victim, and exposed himself to her in a sexual manner. The victim was in her early teens at the time of the incidents.
The accused was located at his residence on Wednesday, Jul. 4 at approximately 9:15 a.m. He was arrested and taken to Kingston Police Headquarters, and was later released with a future court date.
The accused was charged with exploitation of a young person, as well as sexual assault.
Kingston Police want to remind the public of the following:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police – (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
For women: http://kfacc.org/ For men: http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac – (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families