Youth identified in connection with rash of mischief occurrences in Picton

Photo by Lucas Mulder.

The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have been investigating a rash of mischief occurrences which took place in the Picton area from the end of 2021 through early 2022, involving BBs being shot at local businesses and vehicles in the downtown core.

In a release dated Thursday, Mar. 24, 2022, OPP stated that the Prince Edward County Detachment has laid further charges in connection to the ongoing BB/pellet mischief investigations.

“Several occurrences had been reported from both Picton and Wellington areas that had caused damage to individual and commercial property dating back to the end of 2021,” OPP said.

At the beginning of March, OPP charged Paul Johnston, age 32, of Quinte West, after some suspicious behaviour, according to an earlier release from the OPP. Further details are in our previous coverage here.

On Tuesday. Mar. 15, 2022, officers charged a 14-year-old from Prince Edward County with eight counts of mischief – destroys or damages property.

The identity of the accused will be withheld in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act, OPP said. The accused was released on a youth undertaking and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice at a later date.

Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content from this page, please share the link instead!