The Frontenac Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has arrested and charged a young person after an incident involving a firearm at a residence in Central Frontenac.
Officers were called to a home north of Parham shortly after noon on Sunday, Jul. 12, 2020. It was reported that individuals had been threatened and a firearm had been used. There were no injuries.
A 17-year old male from Central Frontenac Township was located at a residence in the area. As a result of the investigation, he was arrested and charged under the Criminal Code with:
- Assault — Spousal
- Three counts of uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm — Spousal
- Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Careless use of a firearm
- Careless storage of a firearm
The accused, who cannot be identified under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, remains in custody and is scheduled to appear for a bail hearing by video before the Ontario Court of Justice in Kingston on Wednesday, Jul. 15, 2020.