A 24-year-old Kingston woman was arrested after following her boyfriend home, and assaulting him when he would not let her inside.
The victim and the accused were out drinking with friends in the early morning of Friday, June 1, 2018. The male did not want the female to come home with him, according to a press release from Kingston Police, but she proceeded to follow him to his front door.
When the accused attempted the force her way into the home, the victim pushed back, and the accused fell to the ground. She then immediately got up and punched the victim in the face.
“A witness called police and officers arrived to find the victim bleeding with visible injuries,” according to Kingston Police.
The accused was taken to Kingston Police Headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing. She was charged with assault.
The following is a note from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services/online/path-of-strength-app/
- Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/