A local man has been arrested and charged after citizens contacted police having witnessed an injury to the victim in a domestic altercation.
The incident occurred on Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 when, at approximately 1:15 p.m., the accused male and his female victim began fighting in a downtown parking lot. The two were seen arguing in a vehicle, and when the woman got out, the accused man began throwing items out the window at her.
The victim then entered a nearby office building where witnesses saw that she was bleeding from above her eye. Witnesses called the police, however, the victim left prior to the arrival of responding officers. The ensuing investigation led police to a residence west of the city, where both the male and female were located. Officers observed the victim’s injury, and it was determined that injury was the result of the accused man throwing the items at her in the parking lot.
The 32-year-old Kingston man was arrested and charged with assault with a weapon, and breach of probation.
Kingston Police have released the following statement:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres