This December, Fort Henry presents Winter Reels – a new outdoor family movie night. It will feature holiday-themed short movie screenings where audiences will be able to watch festive favourites.
Bundle up with a blanket and some hot cocoa, and prepare for a unique experience on the grounds of historic Fort Henry. According to a release from St. Lawrence Parks Commission, audiences will be able to enjoy Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas, Mickey’s Christmas Carol, and Olaf’s Frozen Adventure. All ages are welcome.
Movie goers are invited to bring their own folding chairs. Limited bleacher seating will be available. As always, parking at Fort Henry is free.
St. Lawrence Parks stated in the release that food and drink will be available to purchase before the movie begins and during intermission. No outside food or drink is permitted.
Doors open at 5:15 p.m. and the movie begins at 6 p.m. There will be an intermission of approximately 20 minutes.
- December 11 & 12, 2020 – Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas
- December 18 & 19, 2020 – Mickey’s Christmas Carol and Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
- General Admission: $9.00 per person plus HST
- Children: Aged 2 and under are free
Tickets are available exclusively online. No walk-in tickets are available at the gate.
For more details, and to purchase tickets visit www.forthenry.com/events/winter-reels
St. Lawrence Parks wants guests to know:
- Upon arrival, guests should have tickets ready prior to reaching the admission gate to ensure smooth entry. Tickets can be displayed on your phone or printed.
- A maximum of 100 people are allowed per screening as permitted by Ontario Government, and the showing takes place within the lower Fort. Please note that this event has been reviewed and approved by our local health unit.
- Face coverings or masks are mandatory upon arrival and in indoor spaces. Guests will be required to bring their own. Please note that children have to wear face-covering indoors if they are older than 2 years old. Masks may be removed once seated for the movie screening.
- All guests must follow physical distancing rules, remaining at least two (2) metres apart from other visitors at all times. Staff will monitor and remind guests as necessary.
- We recommend that guests bring a portable folding chair for maximum comfort. Though there will also be bleacher seating on-site.
- Popcorn, soft drinks and hot chocolate are available for purchase.
- Parking is available on-site at no charge.
- Please visit the website and social media @FortHenry1832 for updates.
- Programming has been modified as much as possible to provide a no-touch, non-contact experience. Where this is unavoidable, hand washing, or sanitizing stations are available.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices are in place throughout the tour route.
- Guests will be required to self-assess their health and should not visit Winter Reels if they feel unwell.
- Fort Henry National Historic Site is located at 1 Fort Henry Drive, Kingston, Ontario
Visit the event page on Facebook.