The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have released the above photo as the Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (ROPE) Squad is requesting public assistance to locate a federal offender.
George Hasler, 56, is wanted on a Canada Wide Warrant as a result of his breach of statutory release. Hasler is described as a Caucasian male standing 6’0” (183 cm) and weighing 260 lbs (118 kg) with brown, balding hair and brown eyes.
Hasler is serving a two year sentence for:
- Break and enter to commit an offence
- Two counts of theft under $5,000
- Possession of property obtained by crime for trafficking under $5,000
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Operation of a motor vehicle while disqualified
- Motor vehicle theft
The offender is known to frequent the regions of Hamilton, Halton, Niagara Falls, Kingston and Brantford.
Anyone having contact with this offender or information in regards to their whereabouts is asked to contact the Provincial R.O.P.E. Squad at 416-808-5900 or toll free at 1-866-870-7673 (ROPE) or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or call 9-1-1.