The Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (ROPE) Squad is requesting public assistance in locating a wanted federal offender who has ties to the Kingston area.
Kevin Belanger, 60, is wanted on a Canada Wide Warrant as a result of his breach of Statutory Release, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) said in a press release on Thursday, Jul. 21, 2022.
Belanger is currently serving a six-year, three-month sentence for:
- Seven counts of personation of a peace officer
- Five counts of fraud under $5,000
- Identity fraud
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Utter forged document (altering or creating a document in order to commit fraud)
- Failure to comply with a recognizance order
- Using a badge to personate a peace officer
Belanger was sentenced for some of the above crimes in the Ontario Court of Justice in Kingston in late 2019.
According to police, Belanger is described as being a Caucasian male standing 5’7” tall (170 cm), and weighing 142 lbs (64 kg), with grey hair and brown eyes.
The wanted offender is also known to frequent the Hamilton, Prescott, Cornwall, and Ottawa areas, the OPP said.
Anyone having contact with this offender or information regarding his whereabouts is asked to contact the Provincial R.O.P.E. Squad at 416-808-5900 – or toll free at 1-866870-7673 (ROPE) – or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or call 9-1-1.