Utilities Kingston warns customers of water heater inspection calls
Several Utilities Kingston customers have reported receiving calls from a Toronto area number, where the caller demands an in-home inspection of their rental water heater.
Utilities Kingston is warning customers to beware of these callers and avoid giving out personal information over the telephone.
According to Utilities Kingston, those contacted are being told their water heater needs to be inspected for insurance reasons. These individuals may also falsely represent themselves as being affiliated with Utilities Kingston to gain access to customers’ homes.
Utilities Kingston wishes to assure its customers that:
- It is not affiliated with these companies and is not partnering with them.
- It is committed to providing efficient and reliable water heater rentals.
- Its water heaters meet safety standards and regulations.
If you receive a suspicious call or visit to your home:
- Remember, you have the right to ask people to leave your property. If they don’t, then contact police.
- If you receive a suspicious call:
- Do not provide any personal information including Utilities Kingston or credit card account numbers.
- Collect any information possible about the caller.
- Contact Utilities Kingston customer service at 613-546-0000 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 8AM–5 PM, to report the incident.
- If you become a victim of fraud through monetary loss, call Kingston Police at 613-549-4660.