Utilities Kingston is conducting a biannual survey to get input from the public on their understanding of electrical safety. The survey is being offered online or by telephone until early March.
“We want the public to know that these phone calls and questions are authorized by Utilities Kingston. We’ve been supplying Kingston residents with safe and reliable utility services for over a century and take that very seriously. Sharing your opinions helps us continually improve public safety,” said Randy Murphy, Chief Financial Officer of Utilities Kingston.
According to a release from the company, Utilities Kingston has contracted UtilityPULSE, an opinion research firm, to engage 400 residents and business owners in central Kingston and ask questions relating to the safety of Utilities Kingston’s electrical services.
To complete the online survey:
- Residents and business owners in the Utilities Kingston service area, please visit https://utilitieskingston.com/Electricity/PublicSafety.
- There are six questions related to electrical safety and the survey will take approximately five to six minutes to complete.
- If you require the survey in an alternate format, please call 613-546-0000.
For telephone surveys:
- You may receive a phone call from UtilityPULSE, displaying the number 613-777-1015.
- They will ask to speak to a person who is over the age of 18 and then proceed with the survey.
- The survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete.
Utilities Kingston is one of many electric utilities in Ontario now conducting public safety awareness surveys, as required by the Ontario Energy Board, according to the release.
Questions or concerns about the survey can be directed to customer service, Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by calling 613-546-0000.
Utilities Kingston provided the following Privacy information:
UtilityPULSE and Utilities Kingston take the protection of personal information very seriously. For the phone survey, UtilityPULSE purchased telephone numbers from a third-party provider. Their policy is to erase any contact information from their system 90 days after the survey is complete.