Last month, the United Way KFL&A announced their annual Coats for Community, and are now asking for more donations to support those in need.
Community members are asked to donate clean, new or gently used winter adult outerwear to the annual coat drive. The United Way said that the only requirement is that the coats must be washable — no leather or heavy wool.
“Agencies have seen a 25 to 30 per cent increase in clients needing their services and with that comes increased demand for items like winter coats,” the United Way said in a media release, dated Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022. “As in past years, larger sizes are in high demand and community members are also encouraged to donate funds, if they can, to help purchase coats.”
Financial donations help United Way purchase coats for people who need specialty sizes. Donations can be made at www.unitedwaykfla.ca/donate/
According to the release, volunteers have been sorting coats throughout the past week and those items are making their way to agencies for distribution. This process will continue with new donations as well.
Donations are being accepted at the following locations:
- United Way KFL&A Office, 417 Bagot Street, Mon to Fri 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Calvin Park Branch Library, 88 Wright Crescent, Mon to Thu 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Fri and Sat 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Central Branch Library, 130 Johnson Street, Mon to Thu 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Fri and Sat 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sun 1 to 5 p.m.
- Isabel Turner Library, 935 Gardiners Road, Mon to Thu 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Fri and Sat 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sun 1 to 5 p.m.
- City Hall, 216 Ontario Street, Monto Fri 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sydenham Branch Library, 4412 Wheatley Street, Mon 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tue and Thu 1 to 8 p.m.; Fri 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sharbot Lake Branch Library, 1037 Robert Street, Tue and Thu, 1 to 5 p.m.; 6 to 8 p.m.; Fri 2 to 5 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Lennox & Addington
- Napanee Branch Library, 25 River Road, Mon to Thu 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Fri and Sat 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Amherstview Branch Library, 322 Amherst Drive, Mon to Thu, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Fri and Sat 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information about this year’s Coats for Community drive click here.