Two women charged after violent assault on ex
A violent altercation that involved damaging property and a sexual assault has led to the arrest of two women.
One of the accused women attended the residence of the male victim with her friend, the co-accused, on Friday, Jun. 29, 2019 at approximately 8:40 p.m. According to Kingston Police, the accused woman and male victim had previously been in a relationship, and the accused was angry over a past relationship issue.
As the victim opened the door, the accused immediately punched him in the face. The accused and co-accused then forced their way into the residence, and continued assaulting the victim inside the home. The accused women struck the victim over the head multiple times with a mug and damaged property, including throwing items from the fridge and pouring some of the contents on a couch.
During the attack, the co-accused prevented the victim from fleeing the residence by slamming a door shut and threatened to have him killed. The accused sexually assaulted the victim before leaving the scene.
Once outside, the co-accused kicked open and damaged the victim’s garage door. After throwing property around the garage, the two accused left on foot.
The victim suffered multiple injuries.
On Sunday, Jun. 30, 2019, both accused were located and arrested. Both accused were transported to police headquarters where they were held to attend bail hearings.
The accused, a 23-year-old local woman, and the co-accused, a 22-year-old Napanee woman, were both accused were charged with unlawfully in a dwelling, assault, and mischief.
The accused was additionally charged with sexual assault, and two counts of assault with a weapon.
The co-accused was additionally charged with forcible confinement and uttering threats to cause death.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres