Two women arrested for drug trafficking, stolen vehicle in Napanee
A woman from Kingston and a woman from Napanee are both facing multiple charges after a traffic stop in Napanee led police to discover a list of offences.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the OPP East Region Community Street Crime Unit stopped a vehicle on Centre Street in Napanee on Wednesday, Apr. 21, 2021. When officers determined the vehicle had been reported stolen, both occupants of the vehicle were arrested.
Further investigation led police to find and seize substances believed to be fentanyl, cocaine, oxycodone, other prescription pills, and approximately $2,500 in cash.
As a result, the OPP have charged Kimberly Rose, 48 of Kingston, and Jessica Rose, 28, of Greater Napanee with:
- Three counts of possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a Schedule 3 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Three counts of possession of a Schedule 4 substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Theft of a motor vehicle
Jessica Rose was further charged with:
- Failure to comply with a release order
According to the OPP, Jessica Rose was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee on Tuesday, Jun. 22, 2021. Kimberly Rose was held for a bail hearing and will appear for a video bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice on Tuesday, Apr. 27, 2021.