Two impaired drivers stopped overnight in Prince Edward County

Photo by Lucas Mulder/Kingstonist.

Two forty-something drivers are facing impaired driving charges after members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) interacted with them overnight in Prince Edward County.

Shortly before 10 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 28, 2022, OPP officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle collision near Danforth Road near Wellington. According to a release from the OPP, the driver had left the scene.

Officers located the driver and spoke to him, and as a result, David Wheatley age 44 from Prince Edward County was arrested and charged with the following offences:

  • Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired – alcohol
  • Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired – blood alcohol concentration above legal limit
  • Failure to remain at the scene
  • Driving a motor vehicle with cannabis readily available

Later that same evening, officers spoke with a driver who had been operating a vehicle on County Road 10, OPP said. An approved screening device was administered and as a result, the driver was arrested and taken to the detachment for further testing.

Meghan Van Horne age 41 from Prince Edward County was charged with:

  • Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired – alcohol
  • Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired – blood alcohol concentration above legal limit

OPP said that both drivers were released on undertakings to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton at a later date.

Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content from this page, please share the link instead!