Two people are facing charges after a traffic stop for speeding on Highway 401 uncovers drugs and cash.
At approximately 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 26, 2021 officers of the Highway Safety Division of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were on patrol on highway 401 Westbound in Loyalist Township, and observed a westbound vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed.
According to a release from OPP, the officers initiated a traffic stop, and drugs were located inside the vehicle. Police seized cannabis, Cocaine, over $15,000 dollars in Canadian currency and drug paraphernalia. OPP say both occupants of the vehicle were arrested and transported to detachment for processing.
As a result of the investigation L&A County OPP has charged
Ahmadshujo Nurogho, age 18, of Whitby with:
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000.;
- Obstruct Police;
- Four counts of Failure to Comply with Undertaking;
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking;
- Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available; and
Omid Hamdi, age 18, of Ajax with:
- Possession of Proceeds property Obtained by Crime Over $5000.;
- Two counts of Fail to comply with Probation Order;
- Obstruct Police; and,
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking.
Both accused were held for a bail hearing and are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee on March 3, 2021.