A routine traffic stop of a speeding vehicle on Highway 401 in Tyendinaga Township has led to the seizure of over 5 kg of cannabis products.
At approximately 11 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 22, 2020, the Lennox and Addington (L&A) County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a vehicle travelling at high speeds in the westbound lanes of Highway 401 in Tyendinaga Township.
After an investigation, the OPP seized over 5 kg of illegal cannabis products, over $1,400 in Canadian currency, and a point of sale machine, the OPP said in a release on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020.
L&A County OPP have arrested and charged Trong Luong Do, age 35, of Markham, Ontario with;
- Possession of over 30g of dried cannabis in a public place
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
- Possession for the purpose of distributing
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Driving a vehicle with cannabis readily available
- Driving a vehicle with cannabis in open baggage
The accused was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee in November of 2020.