During a traffic stop for speeding near Napanee, OPP discovered cannabis, a weapon, and assorted cash and credit cards in the vehicle.
At approximately 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020 officers of the Lennox and Addington (L&A) County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) observed a vehicle travelling westbound on Highway 401 at a high rate of speed, according to a statement dated Friday, Sept. 18, 2020.
OPP stopped the vehicle near the Greater Napanee exit. According to the statment, after investigation, the L&A County OPP have charged Trivin Tyrone Leacock, age 33 of Toronto, with:
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Transport firearm in a careless manner
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over 5000.00
- Possession of Firearm or ammunition contrary to a Prohibition order – three counts
- Possession of Credit Card obtained by crime – five counts
The accused was further charged with
- Speeding contrary to the Highway Traffic Act, and
- Drive motor vehicle with Cannabis readily available contrary to the Cannabis Control Act
The accused held for a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee.