A traffic complaint on Loyalist Parkway near Bloomfield led to two arrests, a series of charges, and the seizure of “quantities” of drugs.
Members of the Prince Edward County (PEC) Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to the report of the traffic complaint shortly before 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023. According to a release from the OPP, officers located the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop.
“While speaking with the driver, it became apparent they were breaching conditions,” police said.
That driver was subsequently arrested, and further investigation led to the arrest of one of the vehicle passengers.
“A search of the vehicle led to the seizure of quantities of suspected fentanyl and cocaine, a collapsible baton, cash and additional drug paraphernalia,” the OPP stated.
Adam Dunn, age 28, from Belleville, was charged with:
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Five counts of failure to comply with a release order – other than to attend court
- Possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – opioid
Thomas Fox, age 37, from Prince Edward County, was charged with failure to comply with a release order – other than to attend court.
The OPP noted that both parties were held for a bail hearing before the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville on Thursday, Nov. 2, 2023.