A third outbreak of COVID-19 has been declared at Province Manor in just over two weeks. On Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022, residents on Sydenham 5 tested positive for the virus.
Residents of these three areas at Providence Manor have been placed on contact and aerosol precautions, according to a release from Providence Care.
The current outbreak on Sydenham 5 will be in place for a minimum of 10 days, during which time residents will be closely monitored for symptoms and tested where indicated, Providence Care said.
Providence Care has alerted Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health about the positive cases and is working closely with teams there, according to the release. Providence Care noted they have also reached out to all residents and their loved ones at the long-term care home to inform them about the outbreak.
For confidentiality reasons, Providence Care said they are not able to share any identifiable or additional information about the positive cases.
In the release Providence Care shared the following safety measures, which have been implemented to help limit the spread of infection:
- Sydenham 5 is closed to admissions.
- One designated care partner or essential caregiver is permitted to visit at a time for the duration of the outbreak. General visitors are temporarily prohibited on Sydenham 5.
- Registered visitors must wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the duration of their visit.
- Registered visitors to Sydenham 5 must complete a rapid antigen test upon entry.
- Care teams are closely monitoring all Providence Manor residents to identify potential cases early.
- Care teams have heightened the frequency of surveillance for resident symptoms with a low threshold for testing to identify potential cases early.
- Residents who tested positive may be managed in a designated area, to decrease the burden of cases remaining on Sydenham 5.
- Extra cleaning of all high touch surfaces and common areas.
COVID-19 protective measures remain in place at all Providence Care sites. According to the release, the organization will continue to review safety measures on an ongoing basis to ensure the staff and the people they serve stay protected.
Current safety measures include:
- Reducing visitors
- Passing screening
- Hand hygiene and wearing a mask
Please visit providencecare.ca for up-to-date information about COVID-19 protective measures in place at all sites.