After a traffic complaint regarding a driver on Sidney Street, officers from the Quinte West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) found that the driver in question was already on orders not to be driving.
But that wasn’t the only offence the driver was committing.
Investigating officers arrived at the scene shortly after 10 p.m. on Thursday, Jun. 15, 2023, and found that the driver – who was also only qualified as a novice driver on top of being suspended from driving – was operating the vehicle while impaired by alcohol. Upon arrest, the driver made threatening statements to police, leading to yet another charge, the OPP explained in response to Kingstonist inquiries.
As a result, 29-year-old Jordan Pringle of Deseronto was charged with:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired with a blood alcohol concentration exceeding the legal limit
- Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm
- Driving while under suspension
- Novice driver operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration above zero
Pringle was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville in early July 2023. Additionally, Pringle’s vehicle was impounded for seven days, and the accused will be responsible for all related fees and fines.
“If you suspect that someone is driving or about to drive impaired, call 9-1-1 and report it. You could save a life,” the OPP said in a press release the following day.