A North Frontenac resident is facing charges after an investigation into a residential theft of firearms.
According to a release from Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), dated Friday, Aug. 6, 2021, on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, members of the Sharbot Lake Ontario Provincial Police responded to a North Frontenac residential theft of firearms.
As part of the ongoing investigation on August 6, 2021, at approximately 6 a.m., members of the East Region Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) and the East Region Tactical Response Unit (TRU) executed a search warrant and conducted an arrest, OPP said.
Officers seized numerous firearms and other property.
Jeremy Bryer, 44, of North Frontenac, has been charged with the following:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Careless storage of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Scheduled I Substance Methamphetamine
- 2 counts of Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
Bryer was remanded into custody,
The investigation is continuing and anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Community Street Crime Unit of the South Frontenac OPP at 613-372-1932 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).