St. Lawrence College (SLC) has introduced this year’s nominees for Colleges Ontario’s annual Premier’s Awards. The awards recognize outstanding contributions to society from graduates of Ontario colleges.
The Premier’s Awards, hosted by Colleges Ontario, celebrate the achievements of Ontario college graduates in the province and throughout the world and recognize graduates in the following seven categories: Apprenticeship, Business, Community Services, Creative Arts and Design, Health Sciences, Recent Graduate, Technology, according to a release from SLC.
“We’re honoured to have nominees in all seven categories,” said Elizabeth Gorman, SLC’s Director of Development and Alumni Relations. “I want to congratulate all of our nominees, a stellar group of alumni who truly showcase the best of SLC.”
As an Accounting grad from Georgian College in 1983, SLC’s own President and CEO, Glenn Vollebregt, is also nominated for an award in the Business category from his alma mater, Georgian College.
“I’m so proud of this amazing group of nominees from our SLC alumni,” Vollebregt said. “The Premier’s Awards are a chance to shine the spotlight on the incredible work and contributions of college graduates, and to have a nominee in each category speaks to the strength of our programs in setting graduates up for future success in their chosen paths.”
The nominees from SLC (pictured above, left to right) are:
- Melissa Phelan – Entrepreneur, Self-employed (Welding & Fabrication Technician, 2016, Welder Apprenticeship Level III, 2015, Welder Apprenticeship Level II, 2015, Welder Apprenticeship Level I, 2014)
- Karyn Robarts – Founder and Partner, Robarts Spaces (Fashion Merchandising, 1987)
- Robyne Hanley-Dafoe – Founder and CEO, Robyne HD Inc. (Behavioural Science Technology, 2000, Addiction Treatment and Prevention Worker, 2000)
- Bernard Clark – Photographer and Owner, Bernard Clark Photographer (Visual and Creative Arts – Fine Arts, 1985 Photography, 1985)
- Christine Bruce – Senior Director, Laboratory Medicine Program, University Health Network (Medical Laboratory Technology, 1997)
- Clayton MacKinnon – Digital Marketing Specialist, Banff Centre for the Arts and Creativity (Visual and Creative Arts – Fine Arts, 2017)
- Fernando Ferrer – Founder and Director, Immutable Data (Computer Programmer Analyst, 2008)
Winners will be announced and awards will be presented at a virtual gala held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021.
Read more about SLC’s nominees on the Premier’s Awards webpage.