Speeding in L&A leads to impaired driving charges for Kingston man
A local driver is facing mutiple charges after an officer from the Lennox and Addington (L&A) County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a routine traffic stop on County Road 41.
At approximately 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jun. 28, 2022, an officer, who was on general patrol, conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle for a Highway Traffic Act offence. According to a release from the OPP, after speaking with the driver, the officer subsequently arrested him, and transported him to the detachment for further testing.
As a result, Kyle Anderson, 30 years old, of Kingston, Ontario, was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero
- Disobey stop sign – fail to stop
- Speeding 1 – 49 km/h over posted limit
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor
Anderson was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee next month. His licence was suspended for 90 days, and the vehicle was impounded for seven days. Anderson will be responsible for all related fees and fines.