Six individuals are facing charges after the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit seized illegal drugs and weapons in Deseronto earlier today.
The Street Crime Unit, along with the OPP Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at a home on Main Street in Deseronto on Monday, May 11, 2020. This led to the seizure of a quantity of suspected cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as cash, firearms, brass knuckles, a controlled energy weapon (taser), and airsoft pistols.
As a result, the following individuals were arrested and charged:
- Amanda Holland, 40, of Deseronto
- Brock Alkenbrack, 23, of Deseronto
- Caiden Hazelwood, 18, of Deseronto
- Allan Pierce, 22, of Stone Mills Township
- Karakwontonh Maracle, 18, of Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
All five of them are facing the following charges:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited device for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a restricted firearm
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
Additionally, a 17-year-old, who cannot be identified under the terms of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is facing the same charges, and Pierce is additionally charged with disobeying an order of the court.
All of the accused parties have been released and are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Napanee on various dates in July, 2020.