Over 7000 cannabis plants were seized in Stone Mills Township after the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed warrants last week.
CSCU officers, along with members of the Lennox and Addington OPP Detachment, OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) and OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed warrants on Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020 at four separate locations in the Enterprise area of Stone Mills Township, OPP said in a statement.
Investigators seized over 7100 cannabis plants in total, along with four vehicles and over $10,000 in Canadian currency.
A total of 13 people were arrested in the area. Charged are:
- Wuzhu Chen, age 33 of Scarborough
- Xiao Chen, age 33 of Toronto
- Shao Va Chung, age 70 of Stone Mills Township
- Liv Yuquin Lim, age 57 of Stone Mills Township
- Shao Ue Lim, age 77 of Toronto
- Hua Hui Lin, age 50 of Toronto
- Jin Lin, age 34 of Scarborough
- Song Bo Lin, age 41 of Toronto
- Kim Chun Liu, age 57 of Toronto
- Peiquan Zheng, age 54 of Markham
- Jun Yao Zhu, age 33 of Stone Mills Township
All of the accused persons have been charged with:
- Cultivate propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants
- Possession of proceeds obtained by crime
Brian Gerald Wilson and Heather Wilson, both age 61 of Stone Mills Township are each charged with Cultivate, propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants.