The Algonquin Lakeshore Catholic District School Board has released the feedback from their Return to School Survey, which closed last night, Sunday Aug. 23, 2020.
The survey was opened on Thursday, Aug 13, 2020, and asked parents and guardians to indicate whether or not students would be returning to in-school learning, or participate in remote learning.
According to a release from ALCDSB, dated Monday, Aug. 24, 2020, the follow data was collected from that survey:
- There are approximately 11,500 students in ALCDSB
- The Board received 9,686 survey responses
- 8,718 students plan to return to school this Fall
- 968 have chosen remote learning
- The survey data indicates that 90% of ALCDSB students who completed the survey will be returning to school
The school board says they will be reaching out to families who did not complete the survey to learn of their back to school intentions.
The Board continues to work on the return to school planning process and best prepare our schools for the safe return to students and staff, read the release.
Read our coverage of the Updated Return to School plan here: Updated Return to School Plan for ALCDSB includes staggered entry for students.
Information will continue to be updated on the Board website, school websites, Board social media accounts and through SchoolMessenger.