A flurry of activity in and around Springer Market Square has had Kingstonians speculating over just what is going on. Kingstonist has confirmed with crew members on the ground that Netflix is filming scenes for Season Two of Locke & Key.
Locke & Key is a fantasy series which follows the three Locke siblings and their mother, after the mysterious murder of their father. They move into Keyhouse, their ancestral home, which, they quickly discover, is filled with magical keys that may be connected to their father’s death.
Other filming locations for Locke & Key are Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, as well as Etobicoke and Hamilton in Ontario, according to IMDB, the Internet Movie Database. They suggest all filming for this series takes place in Canada.
While more details are not forthcoming from the Kingston Film Office, or the Production’s Publicist at Netflix regarding the filming, the City has shared traffic notes regarding the downtown streets around Market Square.
The City says drivers can expect intermittent closures on the streets listed below from 11 a.m. on Nov. 6 to 1 a.m. Nov. 7 to accommodate filming in the area of City Hall. Please follow the direction of Kingston Police.
- King Street – Brock to Clarence
- Ontario Street – Brock to Clarence
- Brock Street – King to Ontario
- Clarence Street – at King (northwest corner)
They also note the following parking disruptions are taking place Nov. 5 to 7 to accommodate filming around City Hall:
- Ontario/Brock Lot – On Nov. 5 and 7, parking will be reduced in the lot. On Nov. 6, the lot will be temporarily closed for all parking.
- Ontario Street – Brock to Clarence – all parking spaces in the area will be temporarily unavailable.
- Brock Street – Ontario to King – two accessible parking spaces in the area will be temporarily relocated to lower Brock south of Ontario.
Find alternate parking options at CityofKingston.ca/Parking.
Kingstonist has been visiting the scene over the past few days to capture images of the filming activity.