Police seek suspect after fight sends man to hospital

Kingston Police block downtown Princess Street after a fight spilled out of Tommy’s Diner and became physical, sending one man to hospital with serious injuries on the night of Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020. Photo by Logan Cadue.

Kingston Police are urging a suspect involved in a violent altercation in downtown Kingston to turn himself in.

The incident took place on the night of Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020, and began with a verbal disagreement inside Tommy’s Diner, located on Princess Street near the Barrie Street intersection. Those involved agreed to go outside to settle the disagreement physically and, once outside, a physical fight ensued.

Frontenac Paramedic Services and Kingston Fire and Rescue on scene following a violent altercation on Sunday, Oct. 25, 2020, which sent one man to hospital. Photo by Logan Cadue.

A male involved sustained serious injuries and was treated by Frontenac Paramedics before being transported to Kingston General Hospital. Kingston Fire and Rescue also responded to the incident. Those on scene the night of the incident reported that the injured party had fallen as the result of the fight and hit his head on a concrete barrier, possibly rendering him unconscious.

According to the Kingston Police Criminal Investigations Department, two male suspects have been identified in connection with the fight, one of whom, a 19-year-old, has already been arrested. The second male suspect remains outstanding.

“Police would encourage this male to turn himself into the Kingston Police,” Kingston Police said in an email to Kingstonist on Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020.

The investigation into this incident remains ongoing.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Detective Wilby at 613-549-4660 ext. 6217, or via email at [email protected]. Tips can also be provided anonymously by calling our general number 613-549-4660 ext. 0 and asking to remain anonymous.

Kingston Police and Frontenac Paramedics remain on scene following a violent fight. One of two susects involved remains at large. Photo by Logan Cadue.

Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content from this page, please share the link instead!