After receiving a report of a stolen snow mobile, officers with the Leeds County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) ended up chasing the stolen vehicle in an investigation that resulted in six charges.
Just after 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 15, 2019, the OPP were advised that a black 1999 Artic Cat snow mobile had been stolen from a yard on Big Hill Road in Seeley’s Bay. Later that day, just after 8:30 p.m., officers involved in the investigation observed the snow mobile in the area of Bay Street and Highway 15. According to the OPP, an officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop, but the driver “took off through a field at a high rate of speed,” the Leeds County Detachment said in a press release on Monday, Nov. 18, 2019.
As the investigation ensued, the driver was located in the trunk of another vehicle.
As a result, Alex Ubdegrove, 25, was arrested and charged with:
- Flight from a Peace Officer
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Driving while under suspension
- Failure to occupy a position with a seat belt