Police briefs: Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019

Photo by First Response Media.


Harassment, false reports lead to multiple charges

A Kingston woman is now facing 16 charges after harassing her neighbour, Kingston Police said.

The victim reported to police headquarters on January 16, 2019 about an on-going harassment by her neighbour, the accused. The police investigation showed that over the past two years the accused has been harassing the victim and complaining about her along with other issues have been found to be unsubstantiated.

In November of 2018, the accused threatened to kill the victim.

The accused was arrested and transported to police headquarters. She was released on conditions with a future court date.

The 65-year-old local woman was charged with fourteen counts of public mischief, uttering threats, and criminal harassment.


Male arrested after domestic assault

The female victim was leaving a west end establishment on the evening of January 15, 2019 when she was confronted by her ex-boyfriend, the accused, in the parking lot.

The accused started to yell at her and pushed her causing her to almost fall. Then the accused flicked his cigarette at the victim hitting her in the face with it.

A Good Samaritan stepped in to help the victim and the accused fled the scene.

The accused was located and arrested in a west end coffee shop on January 16, 2019 at approximately 1:32 p.m. The accused was held to attend a bail hearing the next day.

The 38-year-old local man was charged with assault.


Threats to ex and assaulting police leads to arrest of local woman

The female accused showed up outside a west end residence on January 16, 2019 at approximately 7:15 p.m., where she believed her ex-boyfriend was visiting. She started by sending him threatening texts.

The resident came outside and saw that the accused was yelling and holding a hammer in the air demanding her ex-boyfriend to come out.

The resident went back inside and called the police.

The accused started striking the outside of the home repeatedly with the hammer. When the police arrived, she threw the hammer into the bushes.

The accused continued to yell at the victims with the police present.

After the accused was arrested, she spat at the officer’s face. She was transported to the police headquarter where she was held to attend a bail hearing the next day.

The 20-year-old local woman was charged with assault police, two counts of criminal harassment and weapons dangerous.


Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content from this page, please share the link instead!