Utilities Kingston electricity customers in the University District and nearby areas should plan for a brief planned power outage on Wednesday, Apr. 15, 2020.
The planned power outage will take place for 30 minutes beginning at 6 a.m. that date. Customers in the following areas will be affected:
- Johnson Street between Aberdeen Street and Sydenham Street
- William Street between University Avenue and Bagot Street
- Earl Street between University Avenue and Sydenham Street
- Aberdeen Street
- Division Street between Brock Street and Johnson Street
- Barrie Street between Johnson Street and Earl Street
- Clergy Street between Brock Street and Earl Street
- Sydenham Street between Brock Street and Earl Street
This power outage, affecting 433 customers, is necessary for workers to conduct switching operations in preparation for critical infrastructure upgrades to Municipal Substation No. 1 on Queen Street. The work will be completed by Kingston Hydro.
“We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers,” Utilities Kingston said in a press release.