The Prince Edward County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have made an arrest in relation to illegal online activity, including the luring of a minor and child pornography related charges.
According to the OPP, the investigation began earlier this year when police received reports of inappropriate activity on social media. This investigation led to the execution of a search warrant at a Picton residence on Saturday, May 9, 2020.
As a result of the investigation, Timothy Jackson, 27, of Picton, was charged with the following:
- Transmission of sexually explicit material to a person under 18
- Luring a person under 18 years of age by means of telecommunication
- Importing, distributing, sales, or possession for the purpose of distribution or sale of any child pornography
- Possession of child pornography
- Accessing any child pornography
Jackson was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Picton at a later date.
The following is a message from the OPP:
Any person with information regarding this incident should immediately contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222- 8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.