Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health has announced that COVID-19 take-home PCR test kits will now become available to patients of participating Family Health Care Teams in the region.
According to Public Health, the test kits will become available to said patients on Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2021. This comes as the KFL&A region continues to see rising cases of COVID-19, with the local active case count continuing to climb into high numbers that have not been experienced locally thus far in the pandemic. As of Friday, Dec. 10, 2021, there were 618 active cases of COVID-19 in KFL&A – a number that is expected to rise today when the number of cases detected over the weekend is reported.
“If you have symptoms or are a close contact of someone who is positive and are a patient of a participating health care provider, please pick up a kit during normal office hours,” KFL&A Public Health said in a press release, noting that making the PCR tests available through this program was done, “with tremendous support from local family physicians.”
“Participating offices will have signage indicating pick up and drop off areas for take home tests outside the clinic entrance.”
The following is a list of participating Family Health Care Teams:
- Bridge Street Health
- Bayridge Medical Clinic
- CDK Clinics
- Dr. Janet Watt
- Dr. Carl Lee
- Dr. Craig Mitchell
- First Capital Health (Drs. Colleen and Drew Webster)
- Frontenac Medical Clinic & Associates
- Frontenac Doctors (189 King Street, W)
- Greenwood Medical Centre
- Kingston Community Health Centres
- Loyalist FHT, Amherstview
- Maple Family Health Team
- Meadowbrook Family Medicine, Kingston
- Napanee Family Physicians
- Newburgh Clinic
- Portsmouth Medical Clinic
- Queen’s Family Health Team (both locations)
- Sydenham Medical Clinic
- Tamworth Clinic
- Thomas Street Clinic
- Verona Medical Clinic
- Quarry Medica
Public Health unlined that residents are not to call their Family Health Care Teams regarding the take-home PCR test kits. Test kits are to be picked up at the physicians’ offices, and will be available based on supply.
KFL&A Public Health is also reminding residents of the other options available to COVID-19 testing:
- COVID-19 Assessment Centre, Beechgrove Complex (51 Heakes Lane, Kingston)
- Lennox & Addington Assessment Centre (Lennox & Addington County General Hospital Westdale Campus in Napanee), please call 613-354-8254
- Participating pharmacies in the KFL&A region
At the same time, KFL&A Public Health is continuing to ask residents to:
- Monitor for symptoms daily and stay home when sick—even mildly symptomatic people should self-isolate immediately and seek testing.
- Avoid social gatherings.
- Get fully vaccinated and seek a third dose when eligible.
- Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with and wear a mask in indoor spaces.
- Consider curbside pick-up, delivery, or alternate hours for shopping, especially if you are at a higher risk for illness.
- Clean your hands frequently.