Two individuals from Quinte West are facing charges after a weapon was located in a vehicle on Sunday, Feb. 14, 2021.
Shortly before 3:30 p.m., on the above date, an officer from Frontenac Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped to assist a motorist at Sydenham Road and McIvor Road in the City of Kingston, according to a release from OPP dated Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021.
OPP say the officer spoke to the driver and the passenger of the vehicle. As a result of the investigation, the driver Shayne Desormo, age 33, was charged with:
- Possession of item contrary to prohibition order – three counts,
- Possession of weapons for dangerous purpose,
- Operate motor vehicle while prohibited, and
- Drive while under suspension.
The passenger, Kyle Laird, age 31, was charged with:
- Possession of weapons for dangerous purpose, and
- Possession of item contrary to prohibition order.
The type of weapon cannot be disclosed due to the ongoing investigation and court proceedings.
The accused were from Quinte West and released on an undertaking to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Kingston at a later date.