A Montreal man is facing charges after OPP find open alcohol and marijuana during a traffic stop for speeding.
At approximately 11 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021 officers of the Highway Safety Division of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were on patrol on highway 401 eastbound near Palace Road in Greater Napanee. Officers observed a vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed and initiated a traffic stop, according to a release from OPP dated Friday, Feb. 19, 2021. Investigation revealed that there was open alcohol and Marijuana within the vehicle.
As a result of the investigation L&A County OPP has charged Kenley Civil, age 26, of Montreal with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000.;
- Possession of over 30g of dried cannabis in a public place;
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling;
- Unlawful purchase of Cannabis;
- No brake lights; and
- Colour Coating obscuring interior.
Civil was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee in April 2021.