Beginning on Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020, residents in the Kingston area will have two options for booking a COVID-19 test at the Assessment Centre, according to Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC).
“The Community AC will be able to book up to 60 assessments per hour. The booked appointment system is similar to what we have been practicing manually — and successfully — over the past several days,” said Elizabeth Bardon, KHSC vice-president of mission, strategy integration and support services. “As always, we will continue to evaluate and adjust our processes as required.”
The Assessment Centre experienced some delays in launching the by-appointment COVID-19 testing earlier this week, but will be the appointment system will be up and running for use tomorrow. KHSC is reminding residents that they must meet the provincial testing guidelines and should complete an online assessment to determine if they require a COVID-19 test. If testing is required, appointments can be booked a few different ways:
- KHSC is using Eventbrite, a third-party tool, to facilitate online bookings
- Bookings can be made up to two days in advance
- One person can book appointments for up to four people
- People can access the online appointment booking tool at https://ygkcovidtesting.eventbrite.ca or through the KHSC COVID-19 website at www.kingstonHSC.ca/COVID19
- Appointments can be requested by calling the Community Assessment Centre directly at 613-548-2376
- Phones will be answered from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily
According to KHSC, all people will be assessed upon arrival at the Community Assessment Centre to determine if they meet the criteria to be swabbed, regardless of their appointment booking method. Everyone must bring a valid Ontario health card of photo ID. Those who have booked online should also bring confirmation of their online booking.
Queen’s University students are reminded that they can book an appointment by call Student Wellness Services at 613-533-2506 – this should be the first option for testing for Queen’s students.
The Community COVID-19 Assessment Centre continues to operate seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily at the Beechgrove Complex.