Those who frequently use the LaSalle Causeway will need to make alternative plans for the Thanksgiving weekend, as the bridge will be closed to vehicles.
From 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 10 to 6 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020, the LaSalle Causeway will be closed to vehicular traffic to allow Public Services and Procurement Canada to conduct bridge maintenance. Pedestrians and cyclists, as well as emergency vehicles will be able to use the bridge during this time.
The closure will effect some Kingston Transit routes. The following are details from Kingston Transit on these temporary changes:
During this time, routes that cross the Causeway (Express Route 601/602 and Route 12) will not be able to do so. The following route changes will be in effect during this closure:
- Express Route 601/602 will not operate during this closure. Service in Kingston East will be replaced by an east-end shuttle operating between the Innovation Drive Park & Ride and the CFB Kingston Parade Square (on Craftsman at Apprentice) via Highway 15, Rose Abbey, and Gore, servicing Express stops along these roads, in addition to Route 12 stops at Highway 2/Highway 15 (south side) and on Apprentice at Craftsman (east side). Riders travelling Downtown/to Queen’s & KGH from Kingston East must transfer to Express Route 801 at Innovation Drive Park & Ride. The following schedule will be in effect for the east-end shuttle during this time:
- Southbound buses (to CFB Kingston) depart Innovation Drive Park & Ride every 30 minutes on the :10 and :40, 6:40 a.m.-11:40 p.m.
- Northbound buses (to Innovation Dr. P&R) depart CFB Kingston every 30 minutes on the :26 and :56, 5:56 a.m.-11:26 p.m.
- Riders travelling downtown may board Innovation Dr.-bound shuttle buses at the Express Route 602 across the street from their usual stop.
- Express Route 801/802 will be extended to service the Innovation Drive Park & Ride. Buses will operate between the Queen’s/KGH Express stop (Stuart at Lower University) and Innovation Drive Park & Ride via Montreal, Highway 401, and Highway 15. Riders travelling to Kingston East from Downtown must board Express Route 802 and transfer to the east-end shuttle at Innovation Drive Park & Ride. The following schedule will be in effect during this time:
- Express Route 801 (Queen’s/KGH via Montreal St.) buses depart Innovation Drive Park & Ride every 30 minutes on the :10 and :40, 6:10 a.m.-10:40 p.m.
- Express Route 802 (Innovation Dr. P&R via Montreal St.) buses depart Queen’s/KGH (Stuart at Lower University) every 30 minutes on the :11 and :41, 6:11 a.m.-11:11 p.m.
- Route 12 buses will operate between the Kingston Centre and Downtown Transfer Point Platform 1 only, and will not operate east of Downtown Transfer Point. The following schedule will be in effect:
- Route 12 Downtown buses depart Kingston Centre every 30 minutes on the :15 and :45, 6:15 a.m.-11:15 p.m.
- Route 12 Kingston Centre buses depart Downtown Transfer Point Platform 1 every 30 minutes on the :00 and :30, 6:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Sunday and Monday
- Route 12 Downtown buses depart Kingston Centre every 30 minutes on the :15 and :45, 8:45 a.m.-8:15 p.m.
- Route 12 Kingston Centre buses depart Downtown Transfer Point Platform 1 every 30 minutes on the :00 and :30, 9:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
The following stops will be out of service during this closure:
- Cambrai at Canal du Nord (north side)
- Canal du Nord at Lundy’s (west side)
- All stops on Craftsman
- Downtown Transfer Point Platform 5 (Express Route 602/Route 12 CFB Kingston platform – board Express Route 802 buses at Platform 6)
- Downtown Transfer Point Platform 7 (Express Route 601 platform)
- Highway 2 at Royal Military College (both sides, all stops)
- All stops on Lundy’s
- Niagara Park at CANEX (east side – board shuttle buses one block north & one block west on Highway 2 at Highway 15)
- Niagara Park at Lundy’s (east side)
- Ontario at Leon’s Centre (west side)
- Ontario at Wolfe Island Ferry (east side)