Two people are facing 11 criminal offence charges each after the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) executed a search warrant at a residence in Deseronto.
The Lennox and Addington (L&A) County OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed the search warrant at a residence on Edmon Street in Deseronto on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022. The subsequent search of the property resulted in the seizure of a large quantity of drugs and multiple weapons, the OPP said in a press release the following day.
Items seized as a result of the search include, among other items:
- Over 100 grams of cocaine
- A loaded handgun and ammunition
- An air pistol
- A taser
- A spiked baseball bat
- A quantity of currency
According to the OPP, as a direct result, Robert Pammett, 35, of Deseronto, and Christopher Derrett, 41, of Belleville, were both arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking (Cocaine)
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes
- Possession of a firearm knowing that the serial number has been tampered with
- Two counts of possession of a prohibited device or ammunition
- Three counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
- Possession of the proceeds of property obtained by crime
Both of the accused individuals were held in custody pending a bail hearing, the OPP said.