Similar to that of last summer, the Downtown Kingston Business Improvement Area (BIA) has once again organized ‘Bistro at the Square,’ allowing residents to order meals from some of their favorite downtown restaurants while enjoying the sights and sounds of summer in the city.
According to the BIA, the bistro tables are numbered, and patrons will enter the table code of where they are sitting in order to order food, pay, and tip through kingston.scvr.co/. Orders will then be processed, and the restaurants deliver food to the corresponding tables.
Currently, patrons can order from AquaTerra, The Golden Rooster Delicatessen, and Wharf & Feather, however, more businesses have signed up and will be added soon.
Kingston has entered Phase Two of provincial ‘Roadmap to Reopening,’ but some protocols must still be followed under current health and safety measures. As such, the tables at ‘Bistro in the Square’ are physically distanced, all areas are regularly sanitized and cleaned, and Public Health guidelines are in place
“The planning process is easy once we have businesses signed up and their website built. The community response has been positive and growing every day,” said Marilyn Doherty, Event and Communication Specialist for the Downtown Kingston BIA
Patrons will pay the meal cost, taxes, a three pre cent convenience fee on the transaction, and have the option to tip.
“The plan for ‘Bistro at the Square’ is to keep it running until the bistro tables are put away for the season,” said Doherty.
Downtown Kingston is also introducing other activities and offers that can make to your list for this coming weekend, or the summer ahead, including:
- Spread the Joy! Shopping Passport: From July 2 until August 28, shoppers can support downtown businesses, collect stickers for their ‘passport,’ and win big while doing so. Details at downtownkingston.ca.
- Bistro on Ontario – enjoy a scrumptious, physically-distanced dining experience, as Ontario Street restaurants expand their patios, courtesy of Empire Life. Bistro on Ontario runs:
- Thursday, July 1 from 11:00 a.m. to midnight
- Friday, July 2 from 4:00 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, July 3 from 4:00 p.m. to midnight
- Sunday, July 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Cake Slice Giveaway: Watch Downtown Kingston’s social media channels for the ‘Spread the Joy’ cake slice giveaway this weekend in downtown Kingston. Participating bakeries: Card’s Bakery, Pan Chancho, and Mio Gelato, while quantities last.
- Ollin.ca: Performing from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Thursday, Jul. 1 through Sunday, Jul.4 in Confederation Park. Yessica Rivera Belsham, founder of Ollin.ca, will be performing an All Nations drumming circle in Confederation Park.
- Kids’ Corner: sponsored by Utilities Kingston, the Kids’ Corner is open Thursday, Jul.1, offering selfie walls and chalk art stickers.
- Stanley Cup Finals: The City of Kingston will host 80 pre-registered attendees at Springer Market Square to cheer on the Montreal Canadiens as they battle for the Stanley Cup. The Downtown Kingston BIA advises residents to continue to check the City of Kingston Website to pre-register.
- Game 2: Wednesday, June 30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Game 3: Friday July 2 – 8:00 p.m.
- Game 4: Monday July 5 – 8:00 p.m.
- Game 5: Wednesday, July 7 – 8:00 p.m. *
- Game 6: Friday, July 9 – 8:00 p.m. *
- Game 7: Sunday, July 11 – 7:00 p.m. *
- (*dependent on series results)
Of course, despite the high uptake in vaccinations within KFL&A, the COVID-19 pandemic continues, so residents are reminded to observe physical distancing measures and the direction of signage in place. And don’t forget to bring your face covering for safe enjoyment of these offers and events!