A Kingston man wanted by police following a violent domestic assault in early October is now facing charges after assaulting his girlfriend again tw0 months later.
Police were first notified of the man’s violent behaviour by a third party that observed injuries to his girlfriend. Those injuries were sustained on the evening of Friday, Oct. 5, 2018, when the victim was visiting the accused man at his east end apartment. During an argument that night, the accused man punched the victim multiple times. The third party reported the assault to police five days later. The accused was not located and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Then, on Tuesday, Dec. 11, the victim was at the accused man’s apartment when the accused became angry at approximately 9:15 a.m. The man once again assaulted the victim, grabbing her by the throat, punching her, and head-butting her in the face. The victim fled the apartment screaming for help, and was brought into a nearby establishment by an employee, who then contacted police.
Responding officers observed numerous injuries to the victim’s face and throat, according to a press release from Kingston Police on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018. The victim was taken to hospital by Frontenac Paramedics while police attended the accused’s address.
The accused was arrested without incident, police said, and is now facing charges of assault, and assault to cause bodily harm.
Kingston Police issued the following statement:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres