Man charged for assault, forcing his way into ex-partner’s home
A local man has been arrested and charged after forcing his way into his former common-law partner’s home.
The 48-year-old man went to the victim’s home unannounced at approximately 12 p.m. on Tuesday, May 29. The victim attempted to ignore her ex as he knocked on her doors and windows, but, as the accused persisted, the victim went to her front door to ask him to leave.
Instead, the man pushed past the victim, who fell to the ground as he forced his way inside. There, the victim’s son and another male ordered the accused to leave the home. The accused fled, leaving the scene in a vehicle, and his whereabouts were unknown. A warrant was requested for his arrest.
The following day, the accused turned himself in at Kingston Police Headquarters, where he was arrested and held to attend a bail hearing. He was charged with assault and being unlawfully in a dwelling.
The following is a note from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services/online/path-of-strength-app/
- Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/