A Prince Edward County man is facing a laundry list of charges after Police in Picton responded to a disturbance on Sunday, April 18, 2021.
Police say when officers arrived a begin their investigation they noticed the man had been struck with a wooden stake which left him with minor injuries which required medical attention.
“While at hospital, the individual assaulted a number of emergency department staff members. The individual further damaged a series of medical equipment within the emergency department,” an OPP news release stated.
22-year-old Andrew Smith of Prince Edward County was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Assault – CC 266 – three counts
- Assault with a weapon – CC 267(a)
- Assault with intent to resist arrest – CC 270(1)(b)
- Mischief under $5000 – CC 430(4)
- Mischief over $5000 – CC 430(3)
- Assault a peace officer – CC 270(1)(a)
He was held in custody for bail and was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Belleville the following day.