Man arrested after striking partner with drinking glass
An argument between two males involved in a relationship resulted in charges after the argument became physical and sent one male to hospital.
According to Kingston Police, the incident occurred on the afternoon of Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019, when the accused man and the male victim began arguing in their downtown apartment. The two had been involved in a relationship for two years, and were arguing after the victim confronted the accused man, alleging he had been unfaithful.
The accused man became enraged with the accusation, and proceeded to throw a drinking glass at the victim, striking him in the face and causing injury.
Police learned of the incident and attended the apartment at approximately 5:40 p.m. There, officers met with the accused man, as well as the victim, who had just returned from seeking treatment for his injury at the hospital. The accused man was subsequently arrested.
The 28-year-old Kingston man was charged with assault with a weapon.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres