A local man whose case before the courts over domestic violence charges resulted in court-ordered conditions is now facing further charges for violating those conditions.
Kingston Police became aware of the violations when, while on general patrol, officers observed two people in a vehicle who were not wearing seatbelts. This occurred at approximately 8:50 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021, at the intersection of MacDonnell and Concession Streets in downtown Kingston.
Police initiated a traffic stop and, upon speaking with the accused man, discovered that he was under court-imposed conditions to have no communications with the female victim involved in the charges he’d previously faced for intimate partner violence, stemming from an incident with the victim that occurred in March 2021. That female victim was the other occupant of the vehicle that police stopped on August 17. According to Kingston Police, the man was also breaching a court-imposed condition to not leave his residence expect for medical or employment purposes.
The 41-year-old Kingston man was charged with two counts of failing to comply with a release order.
The following is a message regarding domestic violence and abuse from Kingston Police:
The following is a message from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families