A Kingston woman who punched, spat, and threw bong water on a female victim was arrested after reporting her actions to the police
On Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at approximately 1:00 a.m. the accused woman and female victim engaged in an argument at a west end Kingston residence. The two had been involved in a four month long relationship, but had recently separated. The victim had returned to the residence on that date to find that the accused had invited friends over, which prompted an argument between them.
As the argument escalated, the accused woman proceeded to punch the victim in the face. The accused then spit on the victim’s face, and threw water from a bong onto her, soaking her clothing.
The accused contacted police after the assault.
Police responded and arrested the accused, who was subsequently transported to police headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The 22-year-old local woman was charged with assault.
The following is a statement from Kingston Police:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families