A 33-year-old Kingston woman has been charged after she assaulted both her common-law boyfriend and a female friend of his.
On Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018, the accused woman and the victim, her boyfriend, began arguing in their downtown apartment. The woman was angry because her boyfriend had taken a cigarette that she believed belonged to her. The argument escalated into violence, with woman punching and grabbing the victim. When the altercation was over, the victim left the apartment, according to a press release from Kingston Police.
Later that day, the victim contacted the accused woman to see if he could return to the apartment to get some of his belongings. The woman agreed, however, when the victim returned with his female friend, the accused charged at both of them, swinging her fists and assaulting the other female. The two victims fled the building and called police.
Upon their arrival, the accused was “immediately belligerent with the responding officers,” Kingston Police said. The woman was arrested and charged with two counts of assault.
Kingston Police have issued the following statement:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services-resources/victim-services/#path_of_strength
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
For women: http://kfacc.org/ For men: http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families