A Kingston man is facing five charges after police responding to a domestic disturbance found a history of the abuse.
The first incident occurred on Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019 when, at approximately 9 a.m., the accused man and the female victim got into an argument at the victim’s north end residence. According to police, the two had been involved in a two-year relationship, however, the accused man was currently on a court-imposed condition after having previously assaulted the victim during another domestic incident.
The argument began after the victim discovered that the accused man was not in bed with her, and had slept on the couch. As the two argued, the accused man lunged at the victim and began choking her with both hands. He then punched her in the head three times, causing injury. After the incident, the accused threatened the victim, telling her that while he was assaulting her, had had contemplated stabbing her with a knife.
The following day at approximately 7 a.m., a similar incident occurred when the victim found the accused sleeping on the couch again. An argument ensued and the accused man proceeded to choke the victim for a second time.
After being made aware of the incidents, police located and arrested the accused man at his probation office at approximately 3 p.m. The 26-year-old local man is charged with two counts of assault causing bodily harm, assault, uttering threats, and breach of probation.
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) and KFACC for men
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres