Kingston police laid three charges against a local man after witnesses called the police as he violently attacked his girlfriend.
At approximately 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, the accused man met the victim after she finished work. He immediately started an argument before punching her in the eye.
As the victim was driving them home, the man continued his abuse, calling her names and eventually forcing her to stop the car while he pulled her hair and screamed at her. Once the vehicle was stopped near the downtown core, the man punched the victim in the nose and mouth.
Nearby witnesses call the police, who located the vehicle parked in front of a Division Street address. Officers observed visible injuries to the victim’s face, and the accused man was arrested.
The 24-year-old Kingston man is charged with two counts of assault, and breach of probation.
Kingston Police would like to remind the public of the following:
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660)
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App
- Kingston Interval House
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee)
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834)
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/